I am someone who likes to browse and post on the fan feed a lot. I have mentioned time and time again that you cannot be competitive in this game unless you trade. Trading is what makes a good player great. Here are some things you may not know about the forum.
- It doesnt refresh – make sure you refresh the feed frequently, otherwise you will be looking at the same posts over and over again. There is a timer on each post that shows how old it is, and I would not make offers on old posts if you want a quick response.
- Create a hook – there are close to 50 posts per second on busy times, so yours will need to stand out. Saying “please trade me” is not the way to get noticed. You have to create a phrase or post that can stand out from the rest.
- Use the emoji keyboard – One way to make your post stick out is to use the apple emoji keyboard from the settings on your phone, as it adds a picture to the post. You can see how many people do this, and it really works.
- Use text message as a template – The game does not allow you to hit return to go to the next line in any message, but it does let you copy and paste. Create your want and have list in the box you use for text messages, copy and paste that into the box on the feed. It will look nice and formatted, and also get a lot more info in there.
- Re-post like mad – you can only post once per 30 seconds, and I usually do so when I am in trade mode. It will help your post get seen as more people refresh the feed. This is where the copy/paste comes in handy. You shouldnt be typing it out every 30 seconds.
- DO NOT POST IN THE NEWS – I cant stand when people post their trade stuff in the news feed section of the game. Its horrible – stick to posting your trade needs in the fan feed.
Here is a picture of my recent post to get some extra Tanaka cards for his start last night: