If there is one thing I have learned over the last few weeks, its how important the Thursday, Sunday and Monday games are. The reason is that when they are the only games in progress, it becomes that much easier to score points. You wont have to monitor anything but what is in front of you, and your play counter is usually 100% free to burn all the way through. For other games, its not the case because there are conservation methods that need to be upheld to ensure plays for the games to come.
Because the top players all understand this concept, skill position cards in play for the nationally televised games automatically become that much more valuable the day before and the day of the game. As a result, its great to plan ahead and try to pick up the cards a week ahead of time. By taking this strategy to heart, you will avoid all the issues that can result from waiting too long.
Now, we all know its good to have a plethora of cards from every team, but that isnt always available. More importantly, its not always available without spending a lot of money. Therefore, playing week to week isnt a bad strategy at all, as long as you play your cards right:
- Dont give up the house to get a good card for an upcoming game, you will regret it later
- Every team plays at least one thursday night game, so you will need every card eventually
- Monday and Thursday night games will have 100 play counters to use, so those games should be a top target before Sunday night
- Sunday night games will only have the plays leftover from the 1pm and 3pm games, so aim for the higher rarities to avoid having to switch as much
- Thursday games will likely have throwdown rules, which means you will need a lot of firepower to compete.
- Thursday game boosts can replace trading for those cards if you are willing to spend the money
Overall, I want to say Huddle is more strategy than Bunt because of the play counter’s limitations and what it takes to score points. Trading ahead can help tremendously, especially if you can play 5 gold cards instead of 2 golds, 1 silver and 2 reds and a green to stay in the point standings. Saving plays is just as valuable as scoring in some cases, so keep that in mind as you prep for your trades.